HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Course:
Where: Parklands Central Apartment Hotel Dickson, Diplomat Hotel in Griffith ACT (Please check the Book Now page for each sessions location) or your private venue for group bookings.
When: 10am to 12pm on the course date you have chosen (All CPR courses are run within the first aid course and on the same dates)
1. Book in to the CPR Course. This is easily done through the book a course page.
2. Completed online workbook (prior to course date). When completing the online workbook it is important that you print off the final certificate page and bring it to the course you are attending. Evidence of completed workbooks is a pre-requiste in receiving accreditation. *Online CPR course takes around 20mins to complete*
3. Sign up for FREE USI. Effective from January 1st 2015 all students enrolled in nationally recognised training, will be required to provide their registered training organisation (RTO) with their USI. Registering for a USI is simple and the registration process is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken.
Create your USI now at http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
4. Student Written Agreement. All students attending Canberra First Aid courses should read the Student Written Agreement before attending a course. This document is found here.
5. Show up to your chosen CPR course date and complete the 2 hrs classroom time. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical assessment and participating in problem solving scenarios. The HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide CPR, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. This course is suitable for those students requiring workplace first aid skills. NOTE: This is a component of the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course, whilst a HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate lasts for 3 years this component only lasts for 1 year. Meaning while your first aid certificate may be valid, your HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) component may have expired a year after the course completion date and may need to be refreshed yearly in some workplaces.
6. Short multiple choice theory test. During and towards end of the 2hr face-to-face session, there will be a short multiple choice test. The questions are relevant to what you have learnt in class and your workbook.
What you need to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
What you will receive on successful completion of the course:
On successful completion of the HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course, students will receive an emailed soft copy certificate that is valid for 1 year from the course completion date.
Cancellations or Re-scheduling
All booking cancellations or re-scheduling will incur a $40.00 fee. In cases where less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or re-schedule is provided, the full course fee may be charged (this also includes no shows). For instant mistake booking we will re-schedule for free.