This course is a skill set combination course designed for child care workers.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
This unit of competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
$130 $120 New Year Special (limited time only) for stand alone course. This course includes:
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and
HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
Where: Parklands Central Apartment Hotel Dickson, Diplomat Hotel in Griffith ACT (Please check the Book Now page for each sessions location) or your private venue for group bookings.
When: Private courses are available also usually 7 hours within your own Childcare facility at a time that suits you. Discounts offered for groups. Online workbook must still be completed.
1. Book Online. Check our upcoming dates here. Or see the booking calendar above. Please contact us via email or phone to organise a group booking for your employees.
2. Complete online workbook (prior to course date). If you are completing the online workbook it is important that you complete this prior to attending the course you have booked in for. Evidence of completed workbooks is a pre-requisite in receiving accreditation.*Online course takes around 1hr to complete*
3. Sign up for FREE USI. Effective from January 1st 2015 all students enrolled in nationally recognised training, will be required to provide their registered training organisation (RTO) with their USI. Registering for a USI is simple and the registration process is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken.
Create your USI now at http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
4. Student Written Agreement. All students attending Canberra First Aid courses should read the Student Written Agreement before attending a course. This document is found here.
5. 6.5hrs face-to-face practical training and instruction. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical on-going assessment, participating in problem solving scenarios and on-going information and questioning. The class will also refresh the topics covered in the workbooks and dispel myths and reinforce best practice emergency care.
6. Short multiple choice theory test. During and towards end of the 6.5hr face-to-face session, there will be a short multiple choice test. The questions are relevant to what you have learnt in class and your workbook.
What you need to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
What you will receive on successful completion of the course:
We now offer faster turn around times of you certificates with soft copied certificates being emailed to you as soon as they are processed.
Cancellations or Re-scheduling
All booking cancellations or re-scheduling will incur a $40.00 fee. In cases where less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or re-schedule is provided, the full course fee may be charged (this also includes no shows). For instant mistake booking we will re-schedule for free.