This course is a skill set combination course designed for childcare first aid workers.
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
This unit of competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
$150 $130 Special (limited time only) for stand alone childcare first aid course. This course includes:
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid, and
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
Where: Fyshwick Fresh Food Markets, Suite S4 Level 1. Above Mikes Meats (2021 New Venue), LFG Kambah (Please check the Book Now page for each sessions location) or your private venue for group bookings.
When: At the moment due to Covid-19 our online training has been developed so most of the training is done online in your own time, then you attend a short 60 min face to face practical assessment. Private courses are available also usually 6 hours within your own Childcare facility at a time that suits you. Discounts offered for groups. Online training must still be completed.
Upcoming HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting:
1. Book Online. Check our upcoming dates here. Or see the booking calendar above. Please contact us via email or phone to organise a group booking for your employees.
2. Complete online training (prior to course date). If you are completing the online training it is important that you complete this prior to attending the course you have booked in for. Evidence of completed workbooks is a pre-requisite in receiving accreditation.*Online course takes around 3hr to complete*
3. Sign up for FREE USI. Effective from January 1st 2015 all students enrolled in nationally recognised training, will be required to provide their registered training organisation (RTO) with their USI. Registering for a USI is simple and the registration process is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken.
Create your USI now at http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
4. Learners rights, responsibility and support, including complaints and
refunds. All students attending Canberra First Aid courses should read the Student Written Agreement before attending a course. This document is found here.
5. 60 minutes face-to-face practical training and instruction. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical on-going assessment, participating in problem solving scenarios and on-going information and questioning. The class will also refresh the topics covered in the workbooks and dispel myths and reinforce best practice emergency care.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor on an adult and baby.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a Canberra First Aid PTY LTD training facility.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Enhanced Online Covid-19 safe delivery –60 minutes (minimum) – with the addition of 3 hours self-paced online learning
- Blended delivery –6.5 hours (minimum) – with the addition of 1 hours self-paced learning
- Refresher training –6.5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates and will not need to complete the online training.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on a child
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a child casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a child casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking child and infant casualty
- Manage a child casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a child casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a child casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a child casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a child casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Provider of Training and Assessment
This childcare first aid course is delivered and assessed by Canberra First Aid PTY LTD in partnership and under the auspice of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
What you need to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
What you will receive on successful completion of the course:
We now offer faster turn around times of you certificates with soft copied certificates being emailed to you as soon as they are processed.
Cancellations or Re-scheduling
Please see our Booking Terms and Conditions. All booking cancellations or re-scheduling will incur a $40.00 fee. In cases where less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or re-schedule is provided, the full course fee may be charged (this also includes no shows). For instant mistake booking we will re-schedule for free.