HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid Course:
Where: Parklands Central Apartment Hotel Dickson (2020), Fyshwick Fresh Food Markets, Suite S4 Level 1. Above Mikes Meats (2021 New Venue), LFG Kambah (Please check the booking calendar below for each sessions location) or contact us for your own private group booking at your venue.
When: At the moment due to Covid-19 our online training has been developed so most of the training is done online in your own time, then you attend a short 1 hour face to face practical assessment.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY RUNNING ADVANCED FIRST AID AS A PRIVATE COURSE – Please contact us to organise a session for your group.
1. Book in to the Advanced First Aid Course. This is easily done through the book a course page. Or in the calendar above.
2. Completed online training (prior to course date). When completing the online training it is important that you complete this before the course date. Evidence of completed workbooks is a pre-requiste in receiving accreditation. *Online course takes around 5 hours to complete*
3. Sign up for FREE USI. Effective from January 1st 2015 all students enrolled in nationally recognised training, will be required to provide their registered training organisation (RTO) with their USI. Registering for a USI is simple and the registration process is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken.
Create your USI now at http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
4. Learners rights, responsibility and support, including complaints and
refunds. All students attending Canberra First Aid courses should read the Student Written Agreement before attending a course. This document is found here.
5. Show up to your chosen Advanced First Aid course date and complete the 1 hour classroom face to face session. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical assessment and participating in problem solving scenarios. The HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide First Aid, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. This course is suitable for those students requiring workplace first aid skills. NOTE: This includes the HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) component.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
HLTAID006 Provide advanced First Aid
This course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR or advanced first aid in the event of an emergency, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true when it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), severe bleeding, multiple casualty incidents etc. These situations carry a risk of further injury to the casualty and the first aider and it is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident.
This course aims to develop the skills and knowledge and most importantly the confidence, to coordinate and manage the response, and provide advanced first aid in a challenging environment, in order to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a Canberra First Aid PTY LTD training facility.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Enhanced Online Covid-19 safe delivery – 1 hour (minimum) – with the addition of 5 hours self-paced online learning
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) – with the addition of 2 hour self-paced learning
- Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed by Canberra First Aid in partnership and under the auspice of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
What you need to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
What you will receive on successful completion of the course:
On successful completion of the HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid course, students will receive an emailed soft copy certificate that is valid for 3 years from the course completion date.
Cancellations or Re-scheduling
Please see our Terms and Conditions Page. All booking cancellations or re-scheduling will incur a $40.00 fee. In cases where less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or re-schedule is provided, the full course fee may be charged (this also includes no shows). For instant mistake booking we will re-schedule for free.