The Low Voltage Panel Rescue course is essential if you are conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
UETTDRRF06 – Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel
Cost: $60 (this course can also be added to CPR or FIRST AID qualification)
Where: Parklands Central Apartment Hotel Dickson, LFG Kambah (Please check the Book Now page for each sessions location) or your private venue for group bookings.
When: At the moment due to Covid-19 our online training has been developed so most of the training is done online in your own time, then you attend a short 30 min face to face practical assessment.
Upcoming UETTDRRF06 – Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel Course Dates:
Currently We are running this course privately only. If you have staff that you need trained in this course please contact us and we can organise a session for your team.
1. Book Online. This is easily done by going to the book a course page or seeing the calendar above. A confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm your position and give details to complete online training.
2. Completed online training (prior to course date). When completing the online training it is important that you do this prior to attending the course you have booked. Evidence of completed workbooks is a pre-requisite in receiving accreditation.*Online course takes around 4.5 hrs to complete*
3. Sign up for FREE USI. Effective from January 1st 2015 all students enrolled in nationally recognised training, will be required to provide their registered training organisation (RTO) with their USI. Registering for a USI is simple and the registration process is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken.
Create your USI now at http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
4. Learners rights, responsibility and support, including complaints and
refunds. All students attending Canberra First Aid courses should read the Student Written Agreement before attending a course. This document is found here.
5. 30 minutes face-to-face practical training and instruction. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical on-going assessment, participating in problem solving scenarios and on-going information and questioning. The class will also refresh the topics covered in the workbooks and dispel myths and reinforce best practice emergency care.
Important information prior to enrolment
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor on a child and adult.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a Canberra First Aid PTY LTD training facility.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Enhanced online Covid-19 safe delivery –30 minutes (minimum) – with the addition of 4.5 hours self-paced online learning
- Blended delivery –5.5-6 hours (minimum) – with the addition of 1 hours self-paced learning
- Refresher training –5.5-6 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed by Canberra First Aid PTY LTD in partnership and under the auspice of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
What you need to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
What you will receive on successful completion of the course:
On successful completion of the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid unit with incorporates the content of the following units: HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and HLTAID001 Provide CPR, students will receive a soft copy emailed first aid certificate that is valid for 3 years from the course completion date. NOTE : We also now offer faster turn around times of you certificates with certificate being emailed to you as soon as they are processed.
For those students who would like to renew their certificates before the expiry date its as easy as completing the 30 minute face-to-face practical assessment and online training.
Cancellations or Re-scheduling
Please see our Booking Terms and Conditions. All booking cancellations or re-scheduling will incur a $40.00 fee. In cases where less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or re-schedule is provided, the full course fee may be charged (this also includes no shows). For instant mistake booking we will re-schedule for free.