CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training
Successful completion of this CPR Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to provide first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury, such as asthma or anaphylaxis. This includes the skills to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery. It includes initial intervention in a casualty with a serious condition until the arrival of medical assistance, such as performing CPR while awaiting an ambulance, as well as the complete treatment of other less serious conditions, such as applying water for burns, or assisting someone choking.
Participants will go further into the knowledge and skills to develop an asthma management plan and provide asthma related first aid interventions in the workplace.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide first aid and CPR in the event of an emergency and manage asthma and anaphylaxis in the workplace.
Satisfactorily completing all requirement of this course provides the student with the ability to develop risk management and risk minimisation strategies for individuals diagnosed at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis in the workplace. This includes the development and implementation of pre-emergency risk assessment/management and the development and implementation of individual asthma and/or anaphylaxis management plans.
This course provides nationally recognised training for workers, or nominated workplace first aiders, from any industry sector and addresses the provision of care to adults and/or children in the workplace who are diagnosed as being at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis or displaying signs/symptoms of asthma and/or anaphylaxis.
** There are specific industries that require additional training such as childcare workers, schoolteachers and other related industries.
Where: Fyshwick Fresh Food Markets, Suite S4 Level 1. Above Mikes Meats (2021 New Venue), LFG Kambah (Please check the booking calendar below for each sessions location) or contact us for your own private group booking at your venue.
When: At the moment due to Covid-19 our online training has been developed so most of the training is done online in your own time, then you attend a short 30 min face to face practical assessment.
Upcoming CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training Courses:
At the moment we are running this course privately. If you have a group of staff we are more than happy to train your group. Contact us now for a quote.
1. Book in to the CPR Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training Course. This is easily done through the book a course page. Or in the calendar above.
2. Completed online training (prior to course date). When completing the online training it is important that you complete this before the course date. Evidence of completed workbooks is a pre-requisite in receiving accreditation. *Online training takes around 3 hours to complete*
3. Sign up for FREE USI. Effective from January 1st 2015 all students enrolled in nationally recognised training, will be required to provide their registered training organisation (RTO) with their USI. Registering for a USI is simple and the registration process is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken.
Create your USI now at http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
4. Learners rights, responsibility and support, including complaints and
refunds. All students attending Canberra First Aid courses should read the Student Written Agreement before attending a course. This document is found here.
5. Show up to your chosen course date and complete the 30 min classroom face to face session. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical assessment and participating in problem solving scenarios. T
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor on a baby and adult.
As a minimum, entrants to the course must have literacy and numeracy competencies equivalent to the Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3. An example of an ACSF Level 3 competency is being able to read and comprehend the ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis, use and respond to communication techniques to request appropriate emergency assistance at the scene of a First Aid incident and use writing skills to complete incident reports.
Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins.
Online study options: The online learning program can be found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd – RTO 90909.
HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
22578VIC Course in the first aid management of anaphylaxis
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a Canberra First Aid PTY LTD training facility.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher Face to Face contact time of at least 4 Hours
- Blended Face to Face contact time of at least 4 Hours
- Face-to-Face Face to Face contact time of at least 6 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment Face to Face contact time of at least 30 Mins
- Provide adult CPR (incl. the use of an AED)
- Provide infant CPR
- Administer asthma medication (with a spacer)
- Administer asthma medication (without a spacer)
- Administer an adrenaline autoinjector for anaphylaxis
- Provide first aid for an allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
- Complete a First aid/Incident report form
- Complete a Risk Assessment
- Complete an Individual Management Plan, which includes a Communication Plan
- A written exam consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions.
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed by Canberra First Aid in partnership and under the auspice of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
What you need to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
What you will receive on successful completion of the course:
The following units will be included in your certificate:
Cancellations or Re-scheduling
Please see our Terms and Conditions Page. All booking cancellations or re-scheduling will incur a $40.00 fee. In cases where less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or re-schedule is provided, the full course fee may be charged (this also includes no shows). For instant mistake booking we will re-schedule for free.
For Any further information on this course please see: https://trainingdesk.com.au/areas/course_types/100736/marketing