ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING COVID-19
We are back training first aid courses in Canberra!!!
Due to the Covid19 virus we have taken measures to ensure the safety of our staff and local Canberra community. This being said we have have actively built a new online training method.
We are putting your best interests at the forefront and have increased the pre course online training aspect of the course so that you only need to attend a short face to face component of less than 30 minutes. This will be with 1 trainer and 2 participants.
These courses will be held at new venues. The courses will now be held at Canberra Technology Park in Watson in Room A212 on the first floor. All Tuggeranong courses will now be held in Kambah at a location soon to be released.
ENHANCED HYGIENE MEASURES
- Course participants with signs of respiratory infections (flu-like symptoms, fever, cough, sore throat) will NOT be permitted to participate in assessment sessions.
- All participants are to strictly adhere to Government social distancing requirements (standing 1.5m apart, no more than 1 person per 4 sqm).
- All participants are asked to practice good hygiene, especially the cleaning of hands.
- Mouth to mouth breaths will NOT be performed. Instead breaths will be demonstrated using bag valve mask resuscitators (BVM’s).
- Antibacterial cleaning wipes, or spray will be used to clean equipment between participants.
- Single-use bandages will be supplied. Bandaging will be applied to manikins or self-applied, not to other class members.
- Recovery position will be demonstrated on manikins, not on other class members.
- Assessment stations will be thoroughly cleaned between students.
The measures we have taken exceed government requirements, and we believe they are necessary in order to ensure the safety of our staff and the entire Canberra community.